Monday, July 21, 2008

Playing Catch Up

So, I used to be in a really good groove and was posting every Sunday night. As you've noticed I've been busy and have really gotten out of the groove. Since my last real post (June 23) a lot has happened. I'll try to get caught up a little at a time.

About a month ago Ethan was beginning to really take steps around the house. The week of his birthday he was walking when holding hands with someone or he would cruise along furniture and other items (walls, legs, dogs, etc.). Then about one week after his birthday I would look up and there he would be cruising across the kitchen. Now he is a true toddler. Walking from place to place, getting up when he falls, etc. It is crazy how the transformation took place over night.

Other big news: Philip received a "permanent" job offer from ORNL last week and we are really excited about it. It will really help us finish baby step 2 in the Dave Ramsey way of life (hopefully by Christmas)! I use quotes around permanent because after all it is the government and nothing is really permanent with them. The job will have life insurance though and retirement so we are looking forward to that as well. Also, his job title and description won't really change. He even gets to keep his current office so that is nice.

All in all Ethan and I have really enjoyed our summer together. I go back to work this week and I'm a little anxious about it. I was reminded by my friend's blog though to “... not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7). Finding care for Ethan in these 4 weeks before Preschool starts will be a challenge, but I know God will provide.

I think that's it for now, I'll post more later!

2 comments:

Janet L said...

What does Philip do at ORNL? My hubby works there too. Gotta love government benefits!

Anonymous said...

Ethan is walking so well!! He's growing up and changing so fast! It was great to see the two of you and we can't wait to see all of you again!!

Mimi & Poppie
(Bridgette's Mom & Dad)