Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thankful - warning this one is kindof a tear jerker!

I know this is a little late, but Philip, Ethan and I spent Thanksgiving at the Lambert Family Reunion in Birmingham, Alabama. There we met over thirty other members of the Lambert family. It was actually kind of funny because the Boudreauxs were the only ones that weren't Lamberts. At the Quaschnick family reunions my grandparents are the only Quaschnicks (I guess that's the difference between having all boys and having all girls). Anyway, I'll post pictures up as soon as I get them from the relatives. Mawmaw Cindy bought Ethan an ADORABLE hat and I'll get pictures of that up on flikr (if not here) asap!

Meanwhile, I missed out on saying what I was grateful for (with 30+ at dinner you can't exactly go around the room). I'm going to start at this time last year and work my way forward. At this time last year we were telling our families that I was pregnant!! I am so thankful for the healthy un-miserable pregnancy that I had. I am thankful that one of my best friends Laura and I got to go through pregnancy for the first time together and that she too had a healthy little boy! I am so thankful that I got to meet and be a part of the South-Doyle family for 4.5 years. I miss you guys!!

Now for the box of kleenex. I am so grateful to God for Dr. McLeese and nurse Kathleen at Woman's hospital. Without their expertise and speedy response time, I know that Ethan could have died on July 2nd. They also both did a great job at calming me during the drama. When I screamed out for someone to tell me that it was okay Dr. McLeese got right in my face and said that everything was going to be okay that they were going to take care of everything. Also, the next day when they were taking blood from Ethan in the nursery and I wasn't allowed in Kathleen found me pacing the hall crying. She comforted me and told me about her daughter's stay at Children's and that everything was going to be okay..."They are great there. They really know how to take care of babies." There were several different nurses who helped me during our stay at Baptist West and I am thankful for all of them!!

Nikki took Ethan from me at Baptist and met Philip (and later me) at Children's in the NICU. I am thankful for her understanding and her kindness. Again, for all the nurses and doctors at Children's (Dr. Malik esp.) I am thankful. We went home everyday knowing that Ethan was in good hands, if not our own. While Ethan was there he received his own scrapbook, a dalmatian beany baby, a blanket, and other take home goodies. I am so thankful for all of the loving people that donate these things to the NICU. I give God thanks for their kindness and generosity. I am also thankful to Danielle who was here with us during an impossible time (we couldn't have done it without Auntie). She packed bags, lunches, clothes, whatever we needed and brought them wherever we needed. And when we were finally home she supported me in caring for little baby Ethan when Philip was not around.

I am always grateful to my husband who was my strength this past year (and continues to be). I know we have many hills ahead but together we can finish the journey! We looked to God for help, peace, and strength. He was faithful in all of these areas so I especially thank Him!!

Okay, now it's your turn. Do you have something to be grateful for this past year? Leave a comment, I'd love to read it!

No comments: