Monday, October 19, 2009

Funny Boy (with a recent addition)

I have quite a few of these that I've been saving for a post, but this morning's was too funny not to post immediately:

This morning Ethan was in the study with me but playing behind me. He was playing with his little phone, but all of a sudden he started saying, "No, blue!" "No, blue!" "Not green, blue!" Apparently he was pushing the number three button (which happens to be blue) and the little phone was saying, "Three" which he misunderstood to be "Green". After I showed him that the phone is saying numbers (and not colors) he calmed down. Too funny!

*************************

Lately in parking lots after we get out of the car Philip or I will say, "You need to hold hands, you're in a parking lot." Well my son, taking that quiet literally, explained to me a couple of weeks ago that he was going to hold his own hand in the parking lot! You should see him hold his own hand....quiet adorable.

*************************

Back in April when I was at the Women's retreat for our church Philip and Ethan had crackers, cheese, and little smokies for lunch. Philip tried to show Ethan how if you put a piece of cheese on a cracker it is really good. Ethan then placed a club cracker on a Triscit, took a bite, and exclaimed, "Yumm!!"

*************************

Here's another one I forgot to post (but if you are on FB, you may have seen it already). While at his Mawmaw's house this summer he watched some Sup-r-man cartoons and I thought it would be really cute to let him go as Superman this Halloween. I found a cute costume at Wal-mart and when we got home Ethan wanted to try it on. After getting the costume on (cape and all) Ethan ran around the house and then he ran up to me and declared in a somewhat disappointed voice with his hands out and his shoulders shrugged: "No fly, Mommy! No fly!" I guess he really expected to be able to fly once he was dressed as Superman!

3 comments:

Fields said...

Toddlers are the best entertainment!

Ethan & Asher's Mimi said...

These made me laugh out loud!! He's too cute!!

Mimi

Betsy said...

I think it's so funny how literally the toddler's mind works. Frustrating at times, but generally quite charming.