Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy Fall and Week One of Preschool

This fall Ethan and I are really busy. On Mondays I am teaching a biology class at a local co-op (school for homeschoolers) called Master's Mondays. Class is from 8:00 - 10:20 and then I stick around and grade papers before I leave. During this time Ethan stays with some of the moms from the co-op. Master's takes place at our church so that is good. Ethan is at least familiar with the surroundings even if he is not familiar with the people.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays Ethan is attending Preschool Weekday at Central Baptist. This is the same school he went to last year and I really love the people and quality of care. He goes from 8:30-2:00 and while he is there I go to work for the county. This year I am working 1/2 time and so my schedule is really flexible and I set my own hours and such. I still love being a Science Coach and while we are still working to get out of debt I feel like it is worth it.

This week was Ethan's first at Preschool. He took a nap on a mat! Who knew he was such a big boy? A nap...on a mat! With this new found skill Philip and I are going to try out car camping this weekend. Hopefully he will sleep on a mat through the night as well. One of the other big changes at preschool this year is that I am packing a finger food lunch for Ethan everyday. My friend Betsy has really helped me out by listing a whole week's menu for her toddlers on her website. Here is what Ethan had for lunch during this two days at preschool:

Lunch Day One:
  • Milk
  • 1/4 cup of blueberries
  • a couple of pieces of watermelon
  • vegetable crackers
  • Broken up noodles and pieces of cheddar
  • Box of raisins (for good measure)
Lunch Day Two:
  • Milk
  • Cheddar Cheese Square
  • Goolash (Daddy's recipe with hamburger, sausage, corn, beans, carrots, and celery) in a thermos
  • 1/4 cup of watermelon
  • goldfish crackers
  • Box of raisins (leftover from yesterday)
A pretty nice selection if I do say so myself! I do have to give props to Philip that Ethan got a "ate well" check instead of the "ate some" check from day one.

Next Thursday I will begin a bible study at my church in the mornings. Once again Ethan will be in the nursery at our church. Then one Friday a month beginning in September we will go to MOPS. I know this sounds like a lot, but last year I was SO lonesome for all my friends that I used to see everyday. Now I have a co-worker at work so at least 3 out of 5 days during the week I will get to see my peers and not just my little one.

New pictures and videos to follow!

No comments: