Monday, May 25, 2009

My new purse!

I haven't done any sewing in quite a while, but with the beginning of summer (and a three day weekend) I was inspired to take on a project. My neighbor's daughter recently bought the cutest purse! I looked simple enough so I convinced Kristin that we could copy the pattern and make it our selves. Well, I won't say that I copied it exactly, but I am proud of the results!

Here is the front:
Here is the back:

We went to JoAnn's together and I picked out this one fabric that I just kept coming back to over and over (the main panel on the back). After I had my main fabric I chose some fat quarters from the quilting department that complimented the one. This bag even has a liner with a pocket! I even sewed in a zipper for the pocket! Having never sewed a zipper before this was quite a feat. It even required a phone call to my Mawmaw. Not too bad though:

At least now I know what my zipper foot is and how to use it!

I also uploaded some cute pictures of Ethan that Philip took to our shutterfly site. Here are two of my favorite (one is edited).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute purse!! Very clever and styling!! Cute pics of the bebe, too!!

Ethan's Mimi

Cindy Boudreaux said...

Next time I weed our garden, I'll try Ethan's position. Looks comfortable!

Love the purse. You are so talented.

MaryBeth said...

Cute purse! I will say that I have never used the zipper foot on my sewing machine :) Job well done!

Fields said...

That looks awesome!!! Great job!!!!!