Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning

A while back I wrote about Simple Mom on my favorite things blog, and this week she has inspired me to get involved in some spring cleaning!

Here are some before and after shots of Day One's assignment: Clean All Flat Surfaces

Book shelf in sun room before:
Book shelf in sun room after:

Desk in library before:
Desk in library after:

Top of filing cabinet before:
Top of filing cabinet after:
I also cleaned off the kitchen counters, dining room table, the two coffee tables, the two speakers in the living room, and the speaker contraption at the top of the stairs. It took me two days to do it all, but it was well worth it! I hope that spring cleaning fever is contagious and this inspires you to do a little cleaning of your own!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job!! I know that cleaning like this can seem overwhelming at first, but the results are great!!

Ethan's Mimi

Anonymous said...

It looks good! It's amazing how having clean organized surfaces can make your whole house seem clean.

Abbie said...

Fantastic pictures! Keep up the great work.
Abbie

Amanda said...

While it may inspire me to actually do something about it at some point, at least I can take comfort in knowing that I'm not the only person with flat surface issues! I have more than once said I was going to place a dome cap on any flat surface in my house to keep things from being placed there! It's horrible!!!

Janet L said...

You are very brave to show pictures of your clutter! Thanks for sharing your strategy. Just organizing flat surfaces sounds like a not overwhelming place to start spring cleaning!