Part of my plan for having enough money to buy all the groceries I need for these meals (and for decluttering my pantry) is that I am taking a pantry challenge. I am a hoarder of food and I can't remember the last time I could see the back of my pantry. So this week I have challenged myself to feed the family only from what I have in the pantry and freezer. Surprisingly this is way easier than I thought it would be, and I might be able to go for two weeks!
So far I have these meals planned:
- Today I made muffins for Ethan's snack and lunches
- I also made Jello jigglers to use up some of the Jello I had in the pantry
- Tonight we will have Breakfast for dinner (waffles, pancakes, etc.)
- Tuesday will be spaghetti from the pantry with garlic toast (made from bread we have already)
- Wednesday will be chicken pot pie from the freezer
- Thursday we will have leftovers
Other than milk, tea, and pastry for the chicken pot pie I have not spent any of our grocery money yet this week. Yeah!