Monday, December 6, 2010

Snickerdoodles

I have vivid memories of my family members fighting over my Mawmaw's Snickerdoodles.  I'm not exaggerating here!  After one Christmas where my dad literally hoarded the entire container for hours while he munched away, Mawmaw finally made certain family members their own gallon ziploc bags of the cookies. 

That being said every year when I set out to make them I think, "Do I even like these?" "Are they really as good as I remember?"  After all with such simple ingredients as veg. shortening, sugar, eggs, flour, etc. and with only a cinnamon sugar topping you don't expect anything spectacular.  But then you take the first bite.  mmmm.....the salty crumbly somewhat buttery tasting cookie melts in your mouth.  I have nothing left to say...I am speechless.

Here is an old picture, but it will have to do for now:

No comments: