Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Good news....and Good news

Ladies?
Ethan went to the hematologist today and his platelets are still normal!! This pretty much means he has a good bill of health as far as his platelets are concerned. He will still get blood drawn when he goes to the pediatrician next month just to make sure, but after that he will no longer have to get tested.

As far as Philip and I's future children are concerned they will ALL have this problem. Probably worse with each pregnancy. Any future pregnancies will be considered high risk. I will need to see a perinatologist who will monitor my pregnancy closely. I will probably have a higher number of ultrasounds done to check for cranial bleeding during the pregnancy. Basically, we can still have children which is good, but there are risks involved. We also will have many treatment options but we can cross that bridge when we come to it!

Thank you all again for your prayers. We can't wait to share with Ethan what a testimony that this has been to God's ultimate sovereignty. I hope I never again question why things happen in my life because ultimately God has it all in his hands.

On a lighter note I have accepted the Science Instructional Coach position with Knox County for next school year. I am looking forward to staying involved in the education system.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job. You are a 'real smart lady' :) and we will miss you at SD. Congratulations also on the news about Ethan. He is soooooo abdorable! He and Abby Lou should get together. We will keep praying for your family.

Desiree

Quad Squad! said...

Yes, congrats on the new job and the great news about Ethan! And when the time comes, Desiree and I can both recommend two very excellent perinatologists, as they were our doctors too! Welcome to the high-risk club!

Anonymous said...

Hey BB! Yeah for Ethan! I am glad you are going to stay involved in the education system. Love, LL

Bridgette said...

At this visit he was 8lbs 8oz and 21 inches long.