Monday, July 30, 2007

Changing of the Guard

Yesterday Mawmaw Cindy left to go back to Louisiana, but Auntie won't be back until later today. Well, last night when little Ethan was having trouble going to sleep I just retreated into the guest bedroom instead of having to go downstairs. At around 2 am he did finally go back to sleep and I put him in his crib. Instead of laying back down with Philip I just took the monitor in with me and I slept on the futon in the guest room. At around 6 am Ethan began to stir and cry just a little. Well, here comes Emma dog (who is now at eye level because of the sleeping arrangement) with her nose in my face licking me and licking me. "Leave it" I tell her, which usually results in an immediate halting of the licking. Not this time! I told her to leave it three seperate times and she would not stop until I got up to go see about the baby. Then she waited for me at the top of the stairs until I got to the nursery. After I picked Ethan up, I turned around and where was Emma? Back on her bed in our bedroom. Part of me wants to think she was trying to protect him by getting my attention, but another little part of me thinks she couldn't sleep with all that racket and she was thinking, "Can't you get up and silence that little noise maker?"

She's a sweet puppy and I'll try to think the best of her!!

No comments: